Source games such as CSGO, CSS, etc. require a token known as a GSLT. Each Source game server will require its own unique token in order for a connection to be made and for the server to start. With that being said if you have multiple Source game servers, you will need to complete the steps provided below for each server.
You will first want to head over to the steam community link provided and log in to your steam account. Before logging into your steam account, there are a few things to keep in mind.
- Your Steam account must not be currently community banned or locked.
- Your Steam account must not be limited.
- Your Steam account must have a qualifying registered phone.
- Your Steam account must own the game for which you are creating a game server account.
- Your Steam account may create 1000 game server accounts.
2. Once you have logged into your steam account you will be guided through the steps and asked to enter in an App ID. You will need to enter in the correct App ID that corresponds with the Source Game server you have purchased.
- Counter Strike Source - *240*
- Counter Strike Global Offensive - *730*
- Garry's Mod - *4000*
- Team Fortress 2 - *440*
- Left 4 Dead 2 - *550*
3. After you have entered in your Source Game's *App ID* you should then receive your unique GLST Token.
4. Lastly, you will want to head into your server's FTP File Access and locate the game-name.properties file. Example: factorio-stable.properties, garrysmod.properties. Inside the properties file will be a steam_gslt= field. This is where you will place your new token as shown: steam_gslt=r43rsfdsfe (This is just an example and will not reflect how your Token looks.)
5. You are all set! Save your properties file and start your server!
If you have any questions or are unsure how to access your FTP, please check out the following article.