Installing Sourcemod and Metamod to your game server allows your server to support Sourcemod plugins! You can find further information on Sourcemod plugins here!
Sourcemod and Metamod are supported for the following game servers we offer:
- Counter Strike: Global Offensive
- Counter Strike: Source
- Team Fortress 2
If your game server runs a game that utilizes the Source engine, this installation guide may still apply.
To begin, log into your server's control panel: http://panel.mcprohosting.com/
Turn off your server by clicking the red "Stop" button on your server's control panel.
Next, proceed to download the latest Linux build of Sourcemod and Metamod:
Create a folder on your PC and unzip both the Sourcemod and Metamod files you downloaded into that folder.
- Once unzipped into that folder, you will see two folders named "addons" and "cfg". Please click the folder named "addons":
- Within the "addons" folder, you should see a "metamod" folder, a "sourcemod" folder, and a "metamod.vdf" file:
- Select the "metamod.vdf" file and delete that. You will need to download the proper "metamod.vdf" file for the specific game server you have.
- Once you have deleted the "metamod.vdf" file, please navigate to this website: https://www.sourcemm.net/vdf
- On that website, select the dropdown next to the "Game:" setting and select the specific game your game server is running:
- Once you have selected the game, hit the "Generate metamod.vdf" button on that website. This will proceed to download a "metamod.vdf" file to your PC.
- Now that you have that "metamod.vdf" file for the specific game your server is running, pleaseupload that in the same area where you removed the "metamod.vdf" file previously:
- For Counter-Strike Global Offensive: /csgo/csgo/
- For Counter-Strike Source: /css/cstrike/
- For Team Fortress 2: /tf2/tf/
- If your developer console is not already enabled, it can be enabled by accessing the in-game options menu. Click "Options" and then "Game Settings". Set the setting to "Enable Developer Console" to "Yes".
If these commands run properly and provide output, this means that Sourcemod and Metamod have been installed correctly!
If you experience issues installing Sourcemod and Metamod to your server, simply send in a support ticket and our team can assist you!