Oxide is a Rust mod that allows a Rust server to run Oxide Rust plugins. These plugins can modify features on your server that can range from extra backpack inventory space to full economy rewards for completing certain tasks on a Rust server. MCProHosting Rust servers run through Linux.
To install Oxide manually to your Rust server:
1. Begin by downloading Oxide found here: https://umod.org/games/rust
The Oxide download button can be found by hovering over this icon on that page:
2. This will take you to the uMod website for Oxide for Rust.
At this website, click "Download" next to the version marked "Linux build" to download Oxide for Rust!
If there is a Linux specific Oxide build, you must download and install that version. MCProHosting Rust servers run on Linux.
The file should download under "Oxide.Rust-linux.zip" or a similar name.
You can also download the latest version of Oxide for your server directly by clicking here.
3. Once Oxide has been downloaded, please stop your server and go to your FTP File Access found on your control panel.
4. In your FTP, please go to the location /rust/ and enter this folder. Please upload the Oxide.Rust-linux.zip file at that location. Once uploaded, select that Oxide.Rust-linux.zip file and hit the "Unzip" button found at the top of our webFTP.
5. Once unzipped, go back to your control panel and locate your Quick Options.
6. Locate the setting "Auto Updates" and change this to "False". Once done, please click save at the bottom of that file.
7. After disabling automatic updates, please start up your server to complete the installation of Oxide.
If you need to update your Rust server, you will need to turn the "Auto Updates" setting back to "True", save and then restart your server. Afterward, you'd need to follow steps 1-5 again to reinstall Oxide.
Now that Oxide is installed, you can find Oxide's files at the location /rust/oxide/ in your FTP File Access.
You can install Oxide Rust plugins at the location /rust/oxide/plugins/ in your FTP. After installation, please restart your server to load that plugin. You can then edit the configuration files for that plugin at the location /rust/oxide/config/ in your FTP.
You can find Oxide plugins here: https://umod.org/plugins
If you run into any issues while installing Oxide, please submit a ticket to our General Support department and we will be more than happy to assist you!