ARK: Survival Evolved allows you to add a custom map on your server! There are many custom ARK maps, each telling their own story and tales. We encourage you to try different custom maps on your ARK server for new experiences!
To Add a Custom Map on your ARK server:
1. On the Steam workshop, locate the specific ARK workshop map mod you would like to use. You can find custom ARK maps on the Steam workshop here!
2. Once you have located a map you would like to use, on that page you will need to locate the map's mod ID and the map's name.
You can find the workshop mod ID for a map on the workshop's page address. Here is an example of an ID found in an ARK map Steam workshop address:
Example map web address: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1065443232
That map's ID: 1065443232
You can find the map's name on the map's Steam workshop page.
For example, the map for the mod ID listed above is named: Panthalassa
3. Save this information as you will need it when adding the map on your ARK server!
After the Map is Ready to Add:
1. Go on your ARK: Survival Evolved server's control panel.
2. On your server's control panel, click FTP File Access.
3. In the FTP File Access, go to the location /ark/ShooterGame/Saved/Config/LinuxServer/ and in this folder locate the GameUserSettings.ini file.
4. Click to edit the GameUserSettings.ini file. In the GameUserSettings.ini file, locate the ActiveMods= setting.
5. Add the Steam workshop map mod ID into that setting as the first mod listed. For example:
6. After adding that ID, click Save & Close and then go back to the main directory of your FTP(you will see your ARK folder here).
7. In your server's FTP, locate the file ark.properties and click to edit this file.
8. In the ark.properties file, locate the map= setting. Set this to the name of the map you are adding on your server. For example:
9. Once the map's name has been added click Save & Close and then go back to your control panel.
10. Finally, restart your server to load that custom map!
You have now successfully loaded a custom map on your ARK: Survival Evolved server!
If you experience issues adding a custom map on your ARK server, submit a ticket to our General Support department for further assistance!