We are aware of a potentially service impacting issue. Learn more

How to Change Your Minecraft World Seed Print

  • 24

A Minecraft world seed is a set of characters, including positive and negative whole numbers, which determines the generation of your server's world. This can determine what biomes are near your server's spawn point, and you can even use other user's world seeds to generate the same default world.

To change the Minecraft world seed on your server:

1. Go on your server's control panel and stop your server by clicking the Stop button.

2. On the left-hand side of your control panel, click FTP File Access.

3. In your FTP File Access, locate the server.properties file and click to open it. 

4. Locate the level-seed setting and set this to the world seed you wish to use. For example, if you would like to set your world seed to 123, that line would read level-seed=123.

5. Save your changes by clicking the Save button.

6. A new world will now be required to generate with that new level-seed. To do this, there are two options. Resetting the current world or creating a new world.

a. To delete/reset your current world, in File Access, tick the checkbox next to the world folder with the same name as your current world. Afterward, click the Delete button at the top of the screen to remove that world. 

b. To create a new world without deleting your current world, locate the World option under Quick Options on your server's control panel. Set this setting to the name of a world that hasn't yet been created on your server before. Once done, click Save Quick Changes to save those changes.

7. If you haven't already, return to your control panel dashboard by clicking the Back to Control Center button at the top left of the page.

8. Click the Start button to start up your server. Once your server starts up, it should now be running a new world with the seed you set.

Need help changing your Minecraft server's world seed? Submit a ticket or contact our Live Chat and we can help.

Was this answer helpful?

« Back