Minecraft mods add to the Minecraft experience, bringing new blocks, mobs, and features to the game! Loading mods on a Minecraft server requires that Forge be installed. Ensure that Forge is installed using this guide.
To install Minecraft mods to a server:
1. Once more, ensure that Forge is installed to your server using this guide.
This is *REQUIRED in order to load mods on a Minecraft server.
2. Locate and download the mods you wish to install to your server. Any mods you install must be server-side mods and must be compatible with your Forge version(for example, a Forge 1.12.2 server will require 1.12.2 Forge mods). You can find Forge mods here.
3. Place all downloaded mods within an empty folder on your PC.
4. Now, go on your server's control panel.
5. On your control panel, on the left side click Files and then FTP File Access.
6. In your server's FTP, click to enter the mods folder.
7. One at a time, upload a single mod to your server(and any requirements for that mod if applicable).
8. After installing a single mod, exit your FTP and then click Restart on your control panel to restart your server.
9. Enter your server's console and watch during startup to ensure the mod loads and enables properly.
If the mod does not load, check for any errors. A mod may not load correctly if it is meant for a different Forge version, requires other mods, is conflicting with another mod that is already installed, or is a client-side only mod. If you're unsure of how to fix this, we recommend submitting a support ticket to our modpacks team.
10. If the mod you installed loads correctly, repeat steps 7 - 9 to continue with the installation of any other mods.
With the mods installed on your server, you'll now need to install those mods on your client-side Minecraft program.
To install Minecraft mods to your Minecraft client:
1. Ensure Forge is installed on your client side. You can find Forge here.
You can click Installer on the Forge version you wish to download and then run that to install Forge to your client side.
2. On Windows - Using the Windows Search, search %appdata%. At that file location, click on the .minecraft folder.
On Mac - At the top of your desktop, click Go and then Go to Folder. In the prompt, input ~/Library/Application Support/minecraft/.
3. In this location, locate the mods folder. If you do not see a mods folder, create a folder with that exact name.
4. Grab all of the mods you uploaded to your server and place these within that mods folder.
5. Start your Minecraft launcher. Set the launcher to the Forge version you installed and start the launcher.
You have now successfully installed Minecraft mods to your server and can now begin playing!
Experiencing issues installing mods? You can submit a ticket to our modpacks team or contact our Live Chat team for help!