This article will guide you through the process of setting up your server with a custom domain from GoDaddy. Before proceeding with this knowledgebase article, please check on your control panel for whether or not your server is utilizing a dedicated IP. A dedicated IP makes the numerical IP for your server end with 25565. If you have something else at the end of your numerical IP you do not have a dedicated IP.
Example of Dedicated IP and normal IP:
1. Login to your GoDaddy account.
2. Once you're logged into GoDaddy, go to your Products page here.
You will see the domain(s) you purchased listed here.
3. Click the "DNS" button to edit your domain records.
4. On that page, locate the "Records" section.
If you're using Enjin and/or CloudFlare as your nameservers. You need to configure your DNS with them and not NameCheap. If not, you may continue on the next step.
5. To begin, you will need to create a new "A Record".
Click "ADD" and under "Type *" select "A" for A Record.
6. In the "A Record" settings, enter your subdomain in the first field labeled "Host *".
If you want your players to connect using yourdomain.com. In the "Host *" field type the "@" sign.
If you want your players to connect using mc.yourdomain.com. In the "Host *" field type "mc".
- If you want your players to connect using play.yourdomain.com. In the "Host *" field type "play".
7. Enter server's IP in the next (Note: ONLY THE IP and not the port) field labeled "Points to *".
8. Your "A Record" is now setup! Press "Save" to save that record.
9. If you use a Dedicated IP(a server with the port 25565), your domain is now setup and you do not need to proceed further.
10. If you do not use a Dedicated IP, you must now create an "SRV record".
11. Press the "ADD" button once again and under "Type *" select "SRV".
12. In the "SRV Record" settings, in "Service *" input "_minecraft".
13. In the "Protocol *" setting:
If you want your players to connect using yourdomain.com. In the "Protocol *" setting type "_tcp."
If you want your players to connect using mc.yourdomain.com. In the "Protocol *" setting type "_tcp.mc."
- If you want your players to connect using play.yourdomain.com. In the "Protocol *" setting type "_tcp.play."
14. In the "Name *" field, input the subdomain that you put within the "A Record" in the "Host *" field.
15. For the "Target *" field, input your domain. If you used a subdomain such as "play", you would need to input "play.YOURDOMAIN.com" as an example.
16. In the "Priority *" and "Weight *" settings, set these to "0".
17. Finally, in the "Port *" setting input your server's port from your server's IP address.
18. Click "Save" to save that "SRV Record".
If you used a subdomain in the "Host *" and "Name *" section such as "mc", ensure that you connect using that subdomain. As an example: "mc.YOURDOMAIN.com".
You're done! Congratulations! You've setup your domain with GoDaddy!
Please be aware that it can take up to 24-48 hours for your domain to be completely active due to DNS propagation. If you have any further questions or issues with your Namecheap domain, their support is available here.