Minecraft plans now offer a server option to change between Minecraft: Java Edition and Minecraft: Bedrock Edition at any time. This means that you could play Minecraft: Java Edition for a while and then later switch to Bedrock Edition if you'd like to try playing on your mobile devices.
To Switch Between Java and Bedrock with Minecraft plans:
1. Begin by going on your server's control panel.
2. If you wish to backup your current game saves, use the Backups area to backup and ensure you name those saves based on the Minecraft type your server is currently running. For example, "Java ATM6 - Backup - 08/18/21".
3. On your server's control panel, on the left-side click Switch Game. This will open a menu that will allow you to pick between Minecraft: Java Edition and Minecraft: Bedrock Edition.
4. Once you have decided on which you'd like to install on your server, click the Install Game option next to that. You'll then be given the options to Install With Backup which will take a backup for you if you haven't already or you can select Install Without Backup if you would prefer to not have a backup taken. (NOTE: Please keep in mind that your port mappings will be reset and changed upon switching games.)
4a. If you select Install With Backup, your control panel will take a backup of your server, and then right after, that will then proceed to switch to the game you selected.
5. What you selected will now proceed to install and once done, you'll be brought back to your main dashboard control panel page.
Your server will now be set up with either Minecraft: Java Edition or Minecraft: Bedrock Edition depending on what you selected. Start your server and once it is fully online, you'll now be able to play on your server with that specific Minecraft version! Again, verify that you're using the new IP address upon changing Minecraft game versions.
If you experience any issues while switching, please contact our LiveChat or ticket support team and we can help!