Don't Starve Together requires server owners to add a cluster token to the server before it can come online and allow players to join. You will need to own Don't Starve Together to get a cluster token.
Generating a Cluster Token
- Start Steam, enter your Library, and then start Don't Starve Together.
- Once Don't Starve Together is online, click the Account icon.
This will open a Steam overlay window with your User Info.
- Click GAMES at the top. You will then need to click Game Servers under Don't Starve Together.
- You will now see ADD NEW SERVER where you can input a Cluster Name. Input your server's name here and then click Add New Server.
- This will now generate a cluster token. Here is an example of that page:
- Copy that token and we can now add that to the server!
Adding a Cluster Token
- Login to your Don't Starve Together server's control panel.
- On your server's control panel, click FTP File Access to enter the server's FTP.
- In the FTP, edit the DST.properties file.
- In this file, locate the cluster_token= setting. Add the cluster token into this setting.
- Afterward, save and then restart your server.
- Your server will now start and will be fully joinable!