Whitelisting your server prevents users that are not on the list from joining your server. By default, your server is not whitelisted.Â
To enable and use the whitelist while your server:
1. Go on your server's control panel and ensure your server is turned on.
2. On the left side of your control panel under "Server Navigation", click "Console".
3. In your server's "Console" area, input the command "whitelist on". After entering that command, click "Send" to send that command. You will receive the message "[Server thread]/INFO [minecraft/DedicatedServer]: Turned on the whitelist", confirming that your server has been whitelisted.
4. You can now add users to your whitelist! To add a user, in your "Console" area, input the command "whitelist add USERNAME". Replace "USERNAME" with the name of the user you wish to whitelist. As an example, we would type "whitelist add MCProHosting", without the quotation marks.
5. Repeat step 4 for each user you would like to whitelist. Ensure that you also whitelist your username. By default, you are not whitelisted on your server.
6. Finally, type "whitelist reload" to ensure your whitelist is reloaded to load those new changes!
To enable the whitelist while your server is offline:
1.Â Go on your server'sÂ control panelÂ and ensure your server is turned off.
2. On the left side of your control panel, click "FTP File Access" and then "Configuration".
3. In the "Configuration" area, click to edit the "Minecraft Server Settings" file.
4. In this file, locate the "Whitelisting" setting and set this to "Enabled".
5. Click "Save" to save that change, go back to your control panel, and then start your server.
Whitelisting will now be enabled!Â
You can now follow steps 4-6 above to add users to this whitelist!
You have now successfully enabled your server whitelist, and added users to that whitelist!
Experiencing issues enabling the whitelist or adding users to that whitelist? You can contact our Live Chat or ticket support team for assistance!