On your Minecraft server, you can change the default game mode of your server. Whether you want to play normal survival mode, give your players access to creative mode to build without restrictions, play in adventure mode with the restriction of no building/breaking blocks, or spectator mode where players can watch others while being invisible without being able to interact with the world.
To change your Minecraft server's game mode:
1. Go on your server's control panel and stop your server by clicking the Stop button.
2. On the left-hand side of your control panel, click File Access.
3. Locate the server.properties file and click to edit this file.
4. In your server.properties file, locate the gamemode setting. You can set this to survival, creative, adventure, or spectator.
5. After making that change, click the Save button to save that change.
6. Return to your control panel dashboard by clicking the Back to Control Center button at the top left of the page.
7. Click the Start button to start up your server. When your server is done starting up, the default game mode of your server will now be set to the one you set.
Need assistance changing your Minecraft server's game mode? Submit a ticket or contact our Live Chat team for help!