- While plugins can often differ in size/RAM usage, we recommend around 5-10 plugins per 1GB of RAM.
- As plugins can also result in increased CPU usage, we recommend limiting plugin installations to less than 40-50.
Plugins Recommended for Every Minecraft Server:
LuckPerms: Permissions - A very customizable and advanced permissions plugin, this plugin offers all of the benefits of permissions whether you're looking to setup simple groups or go advanced with per-world groups, inheritance, and more. This plugin even features a webGUI allowing you to easily setup your own groups! To do this, run the command /lp editor while in-game. You can learn more about LuckPerms at the official wiki here!
WorldEdit: World Manipulation - It’s an easy-to-use in-game world editor for every server. It has no impact on your server when not in use. Check out the World Edit wiki for more information. Availability: Any version. We recommend restricting WordEdit to trusted admins only and using plugins like FastASyncWorldEdit to restrict the rate at which blocks are changed to help reduce lag/crashing when making large WorldEdits.
WorldGuard: World Protection - is a powerful plugin providing all the little benefits (and some huge benefits too!), and it protects your servers from various problems. Includes copying and pasting, schematics, brushing for terraforming, and so much more! *Requires WorldEdit. Check out the WorldGuard wiki for more information. We recommend restricting WorldGuard to trusted admins only.
CraftBook: Modular/Mechanical - a very powerful and heavily customizable plugin, this plugin has it all. Elevators, custom crafting recipes, hidden switches, bindable commands to items, and so much more! Learn more about CraftBook here!
Vault: Common Dependency – this is a permission, chat, and economy API to give plugins easy hooks into your other plugins without needing to hook or depend on each individual plugin themselves. This plugin helps with linking economy plugins to shops, minigame plugins to your economy, enables prefix support within EssentialsX chat formatting, and much more. *Most plugins will need this.
Multiverse-Core: Multiple Worlds – this plugin includes the ability to create, load-in, modify, and delete multiple worlds on a server all at once. Learn how to do all of this and more at the Multiverse-Core wiki here!
ClearLagg: - Optimization/Lag Prevention - this plugin is useful for keeping excess entities cleared on your server to help reduce and clear server lag. This plugin can help with server performance and includes other benefits such as mob and spawner limiters which can be enabled if needed.
Permissions - Commands - Partner - Economy - World Editing & Management - Inventory Management - Shop - World Protection - Miscellaneous - Vote - Anti-Cheat - Bonus - Announcement
● LuckPerms - A very customizable and advanced permissions plugin, this plugin offers all of the benefits of permissions whether you're looking to setup simple groups or go advanced with per-world groups, inheritance, and more. This plugin even features a webGUI allowing you to easily setup your own groups! To do this, run the command /lp editor while in-game. Version Compatibility: 1.7 - 1.18.1
● GroupManager - An old and reliable permissions plugin, Group Manager has been around for a very long time and is still being updated to this day! Fantastic with per-world-permissions. Version Compatibility: 1.7 - 1.18.1
● EssentialsX - offering over 100 commands and features useful on every server. It has a built in economy features that makes this a useful plugin for any server. *requires Vault for economy and chat features. Version Compatibility: 1.7 - 1.18.1
● Tebex(formally known as BuyCraft) - Earn money on your server through Tebex's comprehensive webstore where you can sell items, sell in-game permissions/commands, run commands on a purchase, and more. *Requires Vault. Version Compatibility: 1.7 - 1.18.1 | Partnered with Tebex.
● TheNewEconomy - An advanced economy plugin designed to give you full customizability of the currency on your server, from the currency's name to the prefixes of the currency. Includes MySQL support to store your money to a safer storage system. *Requires Vault. Version Compatibility: 1.7 - 1.18.1
● AuctionMaster - Adds a fun auction feature to your server, allowing players to auction off and buy items through bidding. This plugin includes is nicely wrapped with a very clean and easy to use in-game GUI which players can use. *requires Vault. Version Compatibility: 1.8 - 1.16.4
● FastASyncWorldEdit & VoxelSniper - An optimized version of WorldEdit and VoxelSniper, this plugin allows you to make large block changes on your server such as removing blocks or pasting a large build with minimum server lag/delay. If you find that regular WorldEdit is causing your server to crash(which is often a result of WorldEdit causing a server to run out of memory), we would recommend trying this plugin! Version Compatibility: 1.7 - 1.18.1
● Multiverse-Core - A complete world management solution. It can create, remove, and manage your worlds including allowing you to flag regions with a large number of different region flags such as TNT, mob-spawning, pvp, and more. Version Compatibility: 1.1 - 1.18.1
● MultiWorld - The easy-to-use multi-world plugin. Very similar to Multiverse-Core, this plugin allows you to create, remove, and manage your worlds. Version Compatibility: 1.0 - 1.12.2
● AreaShop - An advanced region management plugin that hooks into WorldGuard to allow users to buy, sell, and rent WorldGuard regions. *Requires Vault, an economy plugin, WorldEdit, and WorldGuard. Version Compatibility: 1.7 - 1.15.2
● PerWorldInventory - This plugin allows you to easily setup per-world-inventories on your server. This includes support for sharing inventories, separate gamemode inventories, and bypassing the inventory sharing while being OP or while having specific permissions. Compatibility: 1.7 - 1.15.2
● Multiverse-Inventories - a plugin that setups separate inventory for every world running on the server. You can share inventories over chosen worlds and some players can be ignored entirely. Op players will bypass the per-world inventories features unless disabled through the configuration. Compatibility: 1.0.1 - 1.18.1
*All shop plugins require Vault & Economy plugin.
● OneStopShop - An extremly customizable shop GUI plugin, this plugin allows you to setup your own custom GUI shops from in-game! Compatibility: 1.8 - 1.17.1
● ChestCommands - A highly customizable GUI creation plugin, this plugin allows you to setup your own GUI pages to sell items, run commands, and so much more! Compatibility: 1.5.2 - 1.17.1
● ChestShop - A simple, yet very powerful system for making physical shops using signs and chests. Compatibility: 1.0 - 1.18.1
● Shop - This plugin allows you to setup shops through NPCs, signs, and even through commands. This plugin offers a vast amount of customizability to allow you to setup shops how you want them. Compatibility: 1.7 - 1.12.2
● WorldGuard - is a powerful plugin providing the ability to create regions and protect areas of your server, including a full flagging system to limit things such as pvp, mob-spawning, tnt, and more. *Requires WorldEdit. Compatibility: 1.0.1 - 1.18.1 | Partnered with sk89q.
● EssentialsXProtect - Core world protection, allowing you to block explosions, fire spread, and other catastrophes right within the Essentials configuration file! *Requires EssentialsX. Compatibility: 1.7 - 1.18.1
● CoreProtect - an efficient data logging and anti-griefing tool. Rollback and restore any amount of damage. It will record and manage data without impacting your server performance. *Recommend MySQL. Compatibility: 1.3.2 - 1.18.1
● Prism - a tool that allows you to keep track of almost everything on your server, while also giving you the ability to rollback (revert) or redo changes made by users. *Requires MySQL. Compatibility: 1.16.2
● Modern LWC - is the longest-lived single block protection plugin that protects both the block itself and the contents of Chests, Furnaces, and Dispensers. It can also protect any other blocks, and by default will also protect Doors (Wooden and Iron), Signs and Trap Doors. Compatibility: 1.8 - 1.15.2
● GriefPrevention - Grief Prevention stops grief before it starts automatically without any effort from administrators, and with little (self-service) effort from players. Compatibility: 1.0.1 - 1.17.1
● Vault – it is a permission, chat, & economy API to give plugins easy hooks into these systems without needing to hook or depend on each individual plugin themselves. *Many plugins require Vault. Compatibility: 1.0.1 - 1.18.1
● WorldBorder - This plugin is intended to efficiently provide a border for each of your worlds, which only people granted special bypass access are allowed beyond. These borders can be round/elliptic or square/rectangular. Compatibility: 1.1 - 1.15.2
● ClearLagg - This plugin is useful for keeping excess entities cleared on your server to help reduce and clear server lag. This plugin can help with server performance. Compatibility: 1.2.3 - 1.18.1
● DynMap - A web-based map for your Minecraft server that can be viewed in any browser. Compatibility: 1.0 - 1.18.1
● Citizens - the original Bukkit NPC plugin, adding everything from simple NPCs that talk to lively, active Denizens, Sentries, Traders, and more. Citizens contains a variety of toggleable characters and unlimited possibilities for expansion. Compatibility: 1.1 - 1.18.1 (for 1.14+ builds/latest updates, requires Premium Paid Spigot plugin version)
● CraftBook - A very powerful and heavily customizable plugin, this plugin has it all. Elevators, custom crafting recipes, hidden switches, bindable commands to items, and so much more! Learn more about CraftBook here! Compatibility: 1.2.5 - 1.18.1
● NuVotifier - It is a plugin whose purpose is to get notified when a vote is made on a Minecraft server list for the server. This plugin will then send the vote to a vote reward plugin/listener and provide players with voting rewards. *Requires Vault & vote listener. Compatibility: 1.7 - 1.18.1
● VotingPlugin - vote listener - This plugin is an advanced vote listener plugin that is highly customizable and is updated to the latest versions of Minecraft! *Requires Vault & NuVotifier. Compatibility: 1.7 - 1.18.1
● GAListener - vote listener - This plugin listens to voting events passed from Votifier and allows you to reward players with anything when they vote for your server. *Requires Vault & Votifier. Compatibility: 1.3.2 - 1.11.2
● NoCheatPlus - A comprehensive anti-cheat plugin that can be compatible with plugins like mcMMO. This plugin can detect hacked client hacks such as fly hacking, speed hacking, and a variety more. *Can use CompatNoCheatPlus for support with mcMMO and other plugins. Compatibility: 1.2.5 - 1.12.2
● ParticleHats - Apply fun and unique particle hats to yourself and others. Compatibility: 1.8 - 1.18.1
● iDisguise - allows you to disguise as a mob or as another player. Compatibility: 1.8 - 1.13.2
● AnnouncementsEverywhere - An advanced broadcast plugin that adds support for actionbar broadcasts, regular broadcasts, and automatic broadcasts. Compatibility: 1.8 - 1.16.2
● ParrotAnnouncer - This announcer plugin allows you to easily setup announcements through a GUI. Announcements can be scheduled to broadcast at a specific time, and can even be setup to repeat multiple times! Supports PlaceHolderAPI placeholders. Compatibility: 1.8 - 1.18.X
● MessageAnnouncer - This plugin allows you to add announcements within the configuration and adjust the intervals of those messages. You can even change the order of how those messages are played! Supports PlaceHolderAPI placeholders. Compatibility: 1.8 - 1.18.2
● PlotSquared - PlotSquared has a simple install and config so you are ready from the get-go, however, if you want to be more complex with your server you can use SimpleRegionMarket to create plots for users which they can buy and sell. *Recommend use with Multiverse-Core. Compatibility: 1.7 - 1.18.2
● SaberFactions - This plugin allows you to create your own faction. The more followers a faction has the more land the faction can claim. The risk for griefing is low in claimed land since only the faction followers can build there. *Requires Vault. Compatibility: 1.7 - 1.18.2
● CombatLogX - Helps to make combat fair and stop those who “combat log”(the act of exiting the server mid-combat). This plugin is highly configurable and adds support for many other plugins. Compatibility: 1.7.10 - 1.17.1
● OldCombatMechanics - Disables 1.9 pvp hit cooldowns, allowing for old 1.8 and below style pvp! Compatibility: 1.9 - 1.17.2
● MiniGames - This plugin has it all! It includes the ability to create: Jump Puzzles, Mazes, Last Man Standing, Race, Team Deathmatch, Deathmatch, Spleef, Treasure Hunts, CTF, Infection and more! *Requires Vault & Economy plugin. Compatibility: 1.7 - 1.12.2
● VillagerDefense - Protect villagers from hoards of undead zombies. Fight to survive! Compatibility: 1.11 - 1.17.1
● Mob Arena - If you enjoy fighting monsters for glorious prizes or just the sheer thrill of battle, you and your friends can now join forces against hordes of Minecraft evils in the exciting gladiator-style survival mini-game. *Requires Vault. Compatibility: 1.2.5 - 1.18.1
● BuildBattle - Compete with your friends in a battle of building to see who is the best! Compatibility: 1.9 - 1.17.1
● uSkyblock - Survive on a small island in mid-air alone or with friends as you try to survive with minimum resources. *Requires WorldEdit, WorldGuard, Multiverse-Core, Multiverse-NetherPortals, and Vault. Compatibility: 1.14 - 1.18.1
● BentoBox - This plugin adds the ability to run Skyblock and other special worlds on your server such as AcidIsland, Skygrid, CaveBlock, and AOneBlock(a popular island with content creators, this starts you on a single block island)! *Requires Vault & Economy plugin. Compatibility: 1.14 - 1.18.1
● Spleef - A plugin that adds the ability to create your own spleef arenas that you, your friends, and players can play in. Compatibility: 1.12 - 1.18.1