Sometimes, you just want to start fresh in a brand new world, but still keep all of your same files, configurations, and settings. This guide will show you how!
To reset your Rust server's world:
If you wish to save this world for future use, we recommend both downloading the world's files to your PC and taking a backup.
1. Go on your server's control panel. Stop your server.
2. On the left side of the control panel, click "FTP File Access" to enter your server's webFTP.
3. In your server's FTP, go to the location: /rust/server/my_server_identity(this is what you set the identity setting to in the rust.properties file)
4. In that location select all .db, .map, and .sav files. These are your map and player data save files.
5. Once selected, at the top click "Delete" and then "Yes, Delete permanently!".
6. With those world files removed, exit your FTP and then click "Restart" to restart your server.
As your server comes online, your server will now generate a brand new world!
You have now successfully reset your Rust server's world.
Experiencing issues resetting your Rust server's world? You can submit a ticket to our General Support team and we can assist you!