This article will guide you through the process of setting up your server with a custom domain with/from Google Domains. Before proceeding with this knowledgebase article, please check on your control panel whether or not your server is utilizing a dedicated IP. A dedicated IP makes the numerical IP for your server end with 25565. If you have something else at the end of your numerical IP you do not have a dedicated IP.
Example of Dedicated IP and normal IP:
Dedicated IP: 127.0.0.1:25565
Normal IP: 127.0.0.1:48659
- Log in to your Google Domains account.
- Once logged in, click "My Domains" on the left-hand side to see your domains.
- Click on the specific domain you wish to manage:
- Click the DNS tab on the left-side:
- Scroll down to "Custom Resource Records":
Add an A Record first just like this:
If you do not have a Dedicated IP, you will also need to setup an SRV record just like this:
6. After inputting that data, click "Add" to add those records.
Congratulations! You've set up your domain with Google Domains!
Please be aware that it can take up to 24-48 hours for your domain to be completely active due to DNS propagation, though this ends up very rarely taking more than a few minutes. If you continue to have issues, do not hesitate to reach out to us!